Thursday, September 6, 2012

Some of my latest cards...



Hello… It is another Hot and Muggy Day here in the High Desert….

Just wanted to share with you some of my cards I made in the last year or so…

Some of my cards are very simple, but I am trying new mediums and techniques to jazz up my cards…

If you want to get a closer look at any of the cards... just click on them it you should get a larger view...



These next few cards were created using water color paint


 

This next card was made with copper wire and colored with Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink and Ranger Perfect Pearls Pigment Powder - Metallic… sorry the picture is not the best... I am still practicing my photography...

 

This card was fun…. I used a Balsa Wood Sheet cut it with a shaped cutting die and used it as my background…


 This next card was a challenge… I used copper twine that looked like wire and Recollections Microbeads Antique Copper  If you are using the microbeads in a project they work well when you glue or adhere one flat layer at a time…  I tried to clump the beads on and once the glue dried…. Some of the beads on the top layer came off….  Even with the trouble of keeping the beads on…. I think this card really looks cool with the paper layers and beads… sorry my pictures are not better... I need to work on the lighting where I take my pictures...


 

Here is a very unusual card, this is done with embroidery thread  the pattern and idea came from Embroidery On Paper for Cardmakers by Annie & Nico Hessakkers... I would like to make more cards like this but I have to come up with some interesting designs and layouts…

 

Here is my most recent card…. I just love "Fall" and all of the Fall colors….  This card was a lot of fun to make… I made the leaves using recycled paper made by a company with a funny name…  it is called Poopoopaper Recycled and Odorless Paper Products and Spellbinders Assorted Leaves Die Cut Set to get the texture and definition on the leaves… then I used a Marvy Deco Broad Paint Marker to outline the leaves….  This is one of my favorite cards….



 

Well, heading back to make some more cards….

I am also starting a new painting project… I will take lots of pictures to show my progress on the painting project…

Be safe… 


1 comment: